Any interest in a meeting in Cork?

2 replies [Last post]
Dfenz

Near Naas
Ireland
53° 13' 38.6868" N, 6° 39' 37.6596" W

A suggestion was made earlier in the year that we should have a meeting in Cork given that all of our meetings and events have to date taken place north of Kildare. This should hardly come as a surprise given that our most active forum participants and builders are not from Munster. However, I do recall that we do have a decent number of Cork residents signed up as members and maybe its time to test the water.

If any of our Cork members are interested in having a meeting in Cork I'd certainly be prepared to travel down to Cork, maybe even with some of the more portable models I've built. We did receive an offer very recently from a Cork based organisation to host a brick.ie event in Cork and maybe, if we had enough interest, we could combine an initial meeting of Cork members with a mini-display for a few hours in a secure environment.

My initial thought is that this would be an initial informal kick-off meeting to introduce Cork-based brick.ie members to each other, the brick.ie team and some of the models you'll have seen in the image gallery or on our Facebook page. It would also test if there are enough people in the environs of Cork willing to meet occasionally and hopefully eventually produce their own models, or indeed share existing models if they already exist.

Given that there are two important exhibitions already scheduled for late October and late November perhaps a September meeting could be more manageable.

Can I ask any Munster based members interested in attending such a meeting (and even better, but not essential, willing to bring any MOCs they've done) to respond to this post? We'll determine the level of interest accordingly.