Brick 2016 - London - NOW Cancelled - see Birmingham thread

1 reply [Last post]
Dfenz

Near Naas
Ireland
53° 13' 38.6868" N, 6° 39' 37.6596" W

The dates for Brick2016 have been announced. This year there are three shows with the addition of a show in Scotland.

However, as rumoured all three shows are only open to the public on the Saturday and Sunday.

Perhaps this will raise the cost/ benefit question for us and the organisers, especially regarding the hire of a van. Is a 2 day event worth the effort for overseas AFOLs if it takes a day to get there, a day to get back and a day to set-up? I'm not sure AFOLCON, if it is announced as an extra day would swing it. There is a lot of hassle with respect to vehicular access to/from EXcel, loading/ unloading and parking at Excel and a 4 day event made it worthwhile.

I am also beginning to wonder if more but shorter events might spread the Brick fanzone exhibits too thinly. It does allow some Excel 2015 models, especially British built ones, to re-appear in Birmingham or Glasgow in 2016 but exhibitors are unlikely to be available for all three even if they are now being held only on weekends. It would seem the foreign exhibitors went for London last year as the Fanzone there was fantastic and larger than Birmingham. I can't really see that changing if they have to make a choice.

The dates are:

London Excel - 19 and 20 November 2016
Birmingham NEC - 29 and 30 October 2016 and
Glasgow SECC - 8 and 9 October 2016.

The submission system for MOCs will start in the summer.

It is perhaps feasible to depart Dublin by car/ van and set-up in the same day. However, people might prefer to add-on some vacation time in London to go sight seeing. Plenty to mull over ...