Boga – Obi Wan's Varactyl

7 replies [Last post]
rolli
Markus Rollbühler
    rolli's picture

Billund
    Denmark

Hey all!

I haven't posted anything here in a while – so sorry for that! Most of you know that I'm busy moving to Denmark but I at least wanted to share my latest model with you. It was a surprise leaving gift for a good friend of mine who fittingly goes by the nickname 'Boga'. I enjoyed building this model that is going to be my last one for a while tremendously.

I had great fun bringing Boga to life with bricks and even though this represents about 98% of my collection of dark green it was more than worth it. Boga is a creature famously seen in a chase in Star Wars Episode III.

I wanted to tackle Boga for a while and this now created the perfect opportunity. For some reason this lizard-like creature never got the replica out of LEGO it deserved (no, we won't mention the set from back in the day).

Boga - Obi-Wan's Varactyl by rolli, on Flickr

It came together quite quickly over the course of two evenings and then a third one after a couple of Bricklink orders brought the sought-after dark green hands and some other small bits for the last details. I especially enjoyed building the head – I seem to have a thing for animals and creatures lately. Whereas the feathers around the neck were totally straightforward, especially the golden decorations cost me quite a bit of time. Well... All worth it!

My friend was over the moon – and so was I, seeing him so happy about the model.
    Hope you like it - let me know what you think!

Best
    Markus

PS: Obi-Wan's fancy new hairstyle obviously results from Boga's speedy movement across Utapau, not my atrocious collection of dark orange hair styles Eye-wink