Lego Doctor Who event at Octocon 2010

1 reply [Last post]
lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

Ireland
53° 42' 53.7804" N, 6° 21' 23.9364" W

I've been talking to the committee of Octocon (the national science fiction) about running a Lego event there. My plan is to recreate scenes from one of the missing episodes of Doctor Who in Lego.

This will be divided into 3 sessions.

1. Building a Lego world - building landscape and sets out of basic Lego bricks (I'm hoping Lego might lend us some bricks for the purpose).

2. Dalek Building - I will source parts for about 100 minifig scale daleks and create instructions. People can build a dalek, and buy it at the end of the event.

3. Lights, camera, action... we set up scenes from the episodes and take photos. It will have to be stills, because while. Animation would be great, in an hour we'd manage about ten seconds worth.

As well as this, I plan to display some Lego models. Nothing too fancy, just a couple of tables worth, mainly sci-fi related stuff, though I might set up a monorail and Hogwarts Express to get some movement into it.

The convention takes place over the weekend of 16-17 October, though I plan to make the Lego part only one day.

So anyone interested in helping out or bringing models along?

James