Tallafest Saturday 24 June 2017

2 replies [Last post]
Dfenz

Near Naas
Ireland
53° 13' 38.6868" N, 6° 39' 37.6596" W

We have received an invite to participate in Tallafest which is taking place on Saturday 24 June 2017.

I will post more information in due course to help gauge interest but in the meantime if people have attended this free event before or have any views on our participation please let us know. I've never heard of it before.

Apparently it gets 5,000 to 6,000 visitors and we'd have an (unspecified as of yet) indoor location, so it might be a useful back-up if the Athy event scheduled for the week before doesn't get confirmed. (There was a public meeting earlier this week to discuss Athy's future as they need more volunteers to run it. As a further aside I have also contacted the organisers of a large Cork show seeking more information on their event which is run over two days the same weekend as Athy so as to keep options open for that weekend slot).

Given where most of our members are based and the success of the nearby Citywest event earlier this year, an additional event in Dublin might be an attractive proposition subject to us being satisfied with logistics. Tallafest doesn't clash with Athy so if there is enough interest some members could participate without directly interfering with any other event the previous weekend (I appreciate it would be asking a lot for people to attend multiple events so some picking and choosing would occur).