Lego selling fast this year?

4 replies [Last post]
brickzone

Well, good news for those of us who want to see Lego stay in business - it looks like here in Ireland at least, it is flying off the shelves despite the crisis.

At my local Art & Hobby back in early Autumn they had floor to ceiling Lego stocked across several feet of shelves, and more up high above the shop counter. Yesterday they had a grand total of 5 Family Home sets (they started with a load - maybe a dozen), a handful of train track sets, one or two Duplo sets, about 2 large Racers sets, and that was it. Very impressive! Admittedly A&H are laughing in this location - busiest shopping centre in Limerick and apart from Argos/Tesco no other toy sellers that side of the city.

Lego seems to be flying off the shelves in Smyth's too.

Any local tales from anyone else?

Here's a story today from the Daily Telegraph that I was told about - extolls Lego's current achievements. The statistic about Power Miners success is striking, even given that despite many AFOLs not liking the colours etc. I myself at the time we originally saw pics thought it would be a winner (you've got to think how small boys would react) *particularly* with the striking lime+orange combo, cool machines, rock monsters, crystals, etc. and slick presentation.