Canvas Warrior

11 replies [Last post]
rolli
Markus Rollbühler
    rolli's picture

Billund
    Denmark

Canvas Warrior by Markus Rollbühler, on Flickr

This was created for a contest hosted by InnovaLUG that asked for MOCs to touch the floor on a maximum of four studs. So I went with three, just in case Eye-wink

I've been wanting to do something like this for a long while and figured I'd finally give the concept a shot considering it fit the restrictions so well. Had I known what a strenuous weekend I'd have as a result of that I might have reconsidered as it turned out that every single segment was difficult to get right in its own way.

I started with the horse's head as that was going to be the standout feature, and boy, is it hard to get those creatures right! Same applied to the torso and the legs, and once I reached the Native American on its back, I was done with organic sculpting for a while. So I went on to build that stupidly detailed mosaic that makes the backdrop, and realised that complex SNOT work isn't all that easy either...

The weekend was a tightrope walk between aggravating building problems and extremely rewarding results and in hindsight it was all worth it. I'll make sure to keep this one around – it just makes me happy looking at it. The size makes it awkward to display but I'm sure I'll find a spot Smiling

Hope you all like this slightly different MOC of mine Smiling

Take care and have a great day!
    Markus